Related Sites of Interest
The following Internet addresses contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by institutions or organizations independent of ASGCT. ASGCT does not endorse, approve, certify, or control these Internet addresses and does not guarantee accuracy, completeness, efficacy, timeliness, or correct sequencing of information located at such addresses. Use of any information obtained from such addresses is voluntary, and reliance on such information should only be undertaken after an independent review of its accuracy, completeness, efficacy, and timeliness.
Reference to any specific commercial product, process, or service by trade name, trademark, service mark, manufacturer, or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, recommendation, or favoring by ASGCT.
- Clinical Trials Information
- The U.S. National Institutes of Health, through its National Library of Medicine, has developed ClinicalTrials.gov to provide patients, family members and members of the public current information about clinical research studies. Before searching, you may want to learn more about clinical trials and more about this Web site. Check often for regular updates to ClinicalTrials.gov.
- Food & Drug Administration
U.S. Food and Drug Administration - Center for Biologics Evaluations and Research Web Site
- Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy (FACT)
- National Institute of Health
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
This site includes procedures for registering Institutional review Boards (IRBs)
- Online Resources
- Pacific Film Foundation
- Patient/Consumer Oriented Sites
- Professional Societies
- Glossary of Gene Therapy Terms
The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) created the Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms to help people without scientific backgrounds understand the terms and concepts used in genetic research. Simply click on the term of interest to open a page with a wealth of information, including the term's pronunciation, audio information, images and additional links to related terms. Students, teachers and parents will find the glossary an easy-to-use, always available learning source on genetics.