Important Abstract Dates
- Abstract Submissions Open: November 1, 2016 to January 27, 2017
- Abstract notifications sent: March 28, 2017
- Travel Award notifications sent: March 28, 2017
- Abstracts live online: April 24, 2017 (11:00am CT)
There will be no Late Breaking Abstract submission process for the ASGCT 20th Annual Meeting in Washington, DC.
To submit your abstract, please visit the abstract submission site.
View the Call for Abstracts brochure for details on submitting abstracts.
General Abstract Format Information
Abstracts have a maximum limit of 3,500 characters. This includes the abstract title, abstract body, graphics, tables, and all author information.
Graphics or tables in the body of an abstract will take 320 characters.
ASGCT has no required format for the body of an abstract. Abstracts may be written in one block of text, or divided into sections such as: Introduction, Methods, Results, and Conclusions. This is strictly the author’s preference.
Benefits of Submitting an Abstract to ASGCT
Associate Members who are the first and presenting author on an abstract will receive free registration for the ASGCT 20th Annual Meeting. Click here to apply for membership. Registration for the 20th Annual Meeting will be live in December 2016.
Meritorious Abstract Travel Awards
- ASGCT will be giving Meritorious Abstract Travel Awards to Associate Members (students or postdoctoral fellows) who have submitted abstracts and received an average review score of between 1 and 3.5.
- Submitters must be Associate Members at the time of submitting their abstract to qualify for Travel Awards. Click here to apply for membership.
- There is not a separate application for travel grants. You must sign up for a travel grant during the abstract submission process.
Outstanding Poster Presentation Awards
- ASGCT will again be giving Outstanding Poster Presentation Awards to poster presenters from each abstract category. The awards will be presented during each poster session.
- Awards will be given based on an onsite review during each poster session by the respective Poster Review Teams.
- If you would like to volunteer to be a Poster Presentation Reviewer for the ASGCT 20th Annual Meeting, please click here.
Poster Production Funding
- In 2017, ASGCT will once again pay for poster production for 30 Associate Members.
- Submitters must be Associate Members at the time of submitting their abstract to qualify for poster production funding. Click here to apply for membership.
- Poster production recipients will be chosen based on abstract review scores and a determination by the ASGCT Abstract Review Committee.
- Poster production for those selected will be through an online system, with the posters being delivered directly to the ASGCT 20th Annual Meeting.
- A link to the Poster Production site will be available here closer to the meeting.
Underrepresented Minority Travel Awards
- ASGCT will be offering 5 Underrepresented Minority Travel Awards for students and postdoctoral fellows submitting abstracts for the meeting. The top 5 candidates for this award, based on average score, will receive a $500 travel award for use toward travel costs associated with the 20th Annual Meeting.
- Candidates who are also eligible to receive a Meritorious Abstract Travel Award based on their score, will receive that award, and not receive the Underrepresented Minority Travel Award.
- Candidate must be a U.S. resident and self-identify as belonging to one of the following groups:
- African American
- Pacific Islander
- Native American, Inuit, or Aleut
- Candidate must be an Associate Member of ASGCT.
- Candidate must be the first and presenting author of an abstract being submitted for the 20th Annual Meeting.
Dates to Remember
November 1, 2016 - January 27, 2017
Abstract Submissions Open
Annual Meeting Registration Opens
April 24, 2017
Abstracts Live Online
May 9, 2017
May 10 – May 13, 2017
20th Annual Meeting
Confirm your support for ASGCT's 2017 Program today! Learn more.