Meetings & Educational Programs
Jointly sponsored by
Indiana University School of Medicine
ASGCT Preliminary Program: General Meeting Information
- Education Sessions provide the ABCs of a specific topic and are geared toward individuals with little knowledge about the topic who want a basic overview.
- Education Sessions start with basics and cover broad introductions about specific topics.
- Education Sessions are not laboratory presentations.
- The Society's Education Committee develops the content of the education program.
- Scientific Symposia are large, didactic sessions where three to four speakers each provide an in-depth talk on their specific body of work.
- Symposia are designed to have a broad appeal (e.g. cancer, hematopoiesis, infectious diseases, non-viral, etc).
Meet-the-Investigator Sessions (Tickets Required)
- Informal roundtable discussions with leaders in the field of gene therapy on scientific topics, as well as career focused discussions. Please see the Program Schedule for session leaders and topics.
Oral Abstract Sessions
- Oral Abstract Sessions include presentations of 15 minutes each (including Q&A), where authors present their latest work in a variety of categories.
- Abstract presentations are grouped in sessions based on topic area.
- Poster Sessions are informal abstract presentations where authors mount their posters on boards adjacent to the Exhibit Hall.
- Authors are present at their poster(s) for two hours in the evening, while their specific session is in progress, to discuss their work with meeting delegates.