In June 2010, the American Society of Gene & Cell Therapy (ASGCT) began a comprehensive strategic planning effort to chart the direction and future course of ASGCT. The strategic plan, adopted in April 2011, includes input from the ASGCT membership, key opinion leaders in gene and cell therapy, the Society leadership, and Society staff members.
The ASGCT Member Survey, distributed in September 2010, had an overwhelming response of over 600 ASGCT members. Click the link below to view a summary of the results.
The ASGCT Board of Directors is excited to announce the 2011 ASGCT Strategic Plan:
ASGCT’s mission is to advance knowledge, awareness, and education leading to the discovery and clinical application of genetic and cellular therapies to alleviate human disease.
ASGCT’s strategic vision is to be a catalyst for bringing together scientists, physicians, patient advocates, and other stakeholders to transform the practice of medicine by incorporating the use of genetic and cellular therapies to control and cure human disease.
Over the next five years, ASGCT’s goals are to:
- Expand and engage a diverse membership that increases ASGCT’s impact and effectiveness.
- Increase and diversify revenue and maintain appropriate reserves to support anticipated growth of mission aligned programs and services.
- Expand ASGCT’s preeminence by advancing novel nucleic acid, cell and tissue therapies.
- Expand public, governmental and industry support for nucleic acid, gene, cell and tissue therapies.
- Offer mission aligned, financially viable programs and services that will best serve our members and stakeholders and increase their impact in the field.
With the help of a professional facilitator, a focus group of 25 individuals will meet to develop an overall strategic plan for ASGCT based on the results of the surveys.
Below please find links to a message to the membership from Dr. Barrie Carter, ASGCT President, announcing the strategic planning effort, a roster of the focus group, sample survey questions, and a summary of the survey results.